The department for Spine & Neuro Sciences at Shri Gangacharan Aryawardhan Hospital is a state of the art center, manned by a dedicated team of medical professionals and equipped with latest technology to provide multi-disciplinary care for the management of disorders of brain and spine. Backed by a team of highly experienced neurologists, intervention neuro-radiologists, neurosurgeons, paramedical staff and other disciplines, the center is among the most distinguished centers dedicated for providing complete neurological care.
With cutting edge technology and expertise of doctors, the Center boasts to provide treatment for even the most complex neurological diseases. The hospital has modular operation theaters, equipped with the most advanced spinal and cranial endoscopes, motorized microscopes and high-end surgical equipment’s for performing complicated neurosurgery.
The Center also has a team of super specialized neuro-anesthetists who provide anesthesia to neurosurgery patients and a team of Neuro Critical Care specialists, dedicated for the Neuro ICU patients. Owing to the cutting edge technology and dedicated medical professionals at our hospital, we have been consistently providing great surgical neuro treatments, for even the most complicated neurological cases we have treated so far.
The Center for Spine & Neuro Sciences offers a thorough assessment and therapeutic program for a number of conditions such as Brain injury, Stroke, Epilepsy and Spinal disorders. The Center also provides minimally invasive neurosurgery including Minimally invasive spine surgery (MISS) for the treatment of conditions such as Prolapsed disc and Spinal fixation. Some of the common conditions being treated at state–of-the-art Center for Spine & Neuro Sciences at Shri Gangacharan Aryawardhan Hospital include Head injuries, AV malformations, Aneurysms, Hydrocephalus and Brain tumors.
• Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery (MISS) – MISS is a less invasive spinal surgery procedure done with minimal invasion into the spinal tissue so as to preserve the normal tissue to as much extent as possible while addressing the spinal disorder. The Minimally Invasive Spine Surgery is done with sophisticated instruments and technology for the treatment of spinal disorders such as lumbar disc disease, cervical spine diseases, spondylosis and Spinal TB.Microsurgeries including Micro-discectomy, Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, CorpectomyBacked by the team of Minimally Invasive Spine surgeons, Interventional Neuroradiologists, physical therapy and rehabilitation personnel, the Centre for Spine & Neuro Sciences provides comprehensive diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation to patient undergoing Spine surgery.
• Vertebroplasty – It is a surgical procedure to stabilize the spinal fracture and the pain caused due to it. Vertebroplasty is usually performed as a minimally invasive for reducing the pain and trauma and to ensure a quicker recovery to the patient as opposed to an open procedure.
• Spinal Cord Tumor Surgery – Spinal tumors in and around the spinal cord are removed using micro-neurosurgery as the spinal cord is highly fragile and controls limb functioning.
- DSA Cath Lab
- Zeiss Neuro Microscope
- Endoscopic Neurosurgery Theater
- Dedicated Endoscopic systems for carrying out advanced spine and brain surgery
- Dedicated Neuro – ICU, dedicated neuro critical care specialists, Critical care team
- High-end technology for performing Plasma exchange, Thrombolysis and Botox Therapy
- EEG, EMG, NCV
- Extra-cranial vascular Doppler